Cuenca, Ecuador

Monday, March 19, 2007

Diana Reategui “Roberts”

This is from Jack Roberts:

When I first met Diana Reategui in May of 2006, little did I realize what an impact she would have on my family and I. I told Josephine about her when I returned from our first trip to Tarapoto, Peru. We kept in touch by e-mail throughout the summer. Josephine went with me on our return trip last September to do follow-up work when she first met Diana, our translator. Josephine fell in love with Diana like a mother loves her very own daughter. We returned home from that wonderful week and I noticed there was something bothering my wife. I asked her what it was and through tears she told me that she missed Diana. “How can we have her come and visit with us for a while?” she asked. We decided to sponsor her as a student at the University of Montevallo where she’ll major in education. Diana was part of the Peruvian team who came to Cuenca this past week to plant new churches.

We had an exciting time as we saw dozens of Ecuadorian people come to know Christ. Diana has a dynamic spirit along with a heart for the people. Her evangelism skills coupled with the sweetest smile causes many hearts to turn to Jesus. She’ll become part of our family in about two months as the process to get her a student visa is almost complete. Please join me in welcoming her to our church family as well.

Welcome to our family, Diana!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home