Cuenca, Ecuador

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Our first day was good. With me being on the medical team I don´t know of too much that has gone on the past couple of days. So I will tell you about our experiences.


Well to start off, Kathy Pratt led her first person to Christ! That is awesome! We have had many salvations just inside the medical clinic, but there are alot more from the church planters. Sunday was a little hectic starting off b/c no one didn´t really know what our tasks were, but as the day went by, we started to get the hang of it.


I am on the eye team. We saw 79 people Sunday and 84 people Monday! A translator and I are in charged of the eye chart exams. Debbie Reeves dialates peoples eyes and help with glasses, Jennifer Adams Gives out glasses and tells people about God´s word, and Jamie looks at all the eyes to see what´s wrong with them and gives them a precription. Well Sunday Debbie was assigned the job of Dialating eyes and she started to put drops in everyone´s eyes that were waiting to see Jamie. After about 30 mins. Jamie gets to one of the ¨dialated¨ pateints. And turns out that Debbie forgot to put the second part of the dialating drops in the peoples´ eyes. So Jamie tells her to go back and try again... Everybody was rolling on the floor b/c Debbie had to get a translator to tell them she had to put drops in their eyes again.

I am having a fun time with the eye exams. When you tell someone to cover one eye with the spatula thing they do, but then cover the other eye with their hand... Lol. Then you tell them to not cover the other eye they switch eyes and cover the other eye with the spatula thing and their hand with the other... Me and the translator couldn´t stop laughing. That was the situtation with about every other person. It kept the day moving along:-P

Monday was great! We went to the town of Dou Dou. (that´s pronounced doug doug, like the cartoon show) We had a building to work in. We felt like we were in the Hilton compared to the first site where we had a dirt parking lot. Everything seemed to just flow better on Monday, Mainly b/c we were more organized and had the space to work.

Ok... I have a confession. I forgot to put sunscreen on Sunday and... Well... a picture is wortha thousand words...


I was wearing a bandana...

Well I´s gots to gets goin´. People are woundering where I´m at... Until next time... ¡Hasta Luego!

P.S. Krista gives a shout out to Hunter...

2 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger Mrs. Sheila said...

Thanks for keeping us updated Jacob. I know everybody must be exhausted at night but we'd love to hear some of the testimonies from the other missionaries.

Where's Waldo...oop I mean Bro. Sam?

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Audrey said...

I love you Bob! I hope you are also enjoying ministering to those around you. Let us hear from you as you can.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home