Cuenca, Ecuador

Sunday, March 18, 2007

This is a story from Jack:


When we heard that the site for the medical clinic on Thursday had been canceled due to the pastor's mother-in-law had passed away, we asked God to provide another site. My pastor, Jorge Torres, told me that God wanted the clinic in Zhucay. This is the community where Amber, Isaiah, Julissa (from Peru), Diana (my Peruvian translator) and I were planting a church with the nationals from Pastor Jorge's church. On Sunday afternoon, we met with Raul, the president of the community. He said his village was all Catholic and they would not be open to an evangelical group coming into their area. Raul told us he would speak to the town council on Wednesday and let us know if we could do the clinic on Thursday. God told me to share why we come as I told Raul that all we are doing is giving a "cup of cold water" in Jesus' name. I mentioned that the medical services are free and would provide a temporary help to the people's physical needs. Then I told Raul that we ask the people if they would like to know why we come. If they desire, we share God's love through the Gospel. I mentioned that when people hear the Gospel, they are "healed" for all eternity. "Would you love to have a community knowing where they would spend eternity?" I asked. We prayed with him and his wife and he looked at us and said, "You can have your clinic in the community house!" God showed up as on Tuesday we were told the principal of the elementary school wanted us to have the clinic in the school. God opened doors that allowed hundreds to come and receive medical care, but better than that, dozens received eternal life! Julissa, my first convert from Tarapoto, Peru,last May, was an evangelistic machine. She is eleven years old and was nothing short of totally shy when she came to Cuenca. Isaiah and her became eternal friends, as they saw many people of Zhucay come to know the Lord!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home